cPanel license is designed for managing particular domains or hosting accounts on the hosting server. End users can control everything from adding/removing email accounts to administering MySQL databases and others. A cPanel license provides you with an online Linux-based graphical interface (GUI) used as a control panel to simplify website and server management. Having a cPanel license allows you to publish websites, manage domains, organize web files, create email accounts, and more. A cPanel license is one of the most popular control panels in the United States. Many web hosting companies supply a cPanel license to customers as part of their web hosting package.
A cPanel license offers two interfaces, a user interface called cPanel and a server management interface called Web Host Manager (WHM). This combination allows users to manage their website and supplies hosting providers with tools to manage the server, but you have to learn how to manage a cPanel license.
cPanel License Features
• Upload and manage files for their websites
• Add/Remove addon domains and subdomains
• Create email accounts and manage email settings and SPAM protection
• Add/Edit/Delete Mailing Lists.
• Manage Auto Response Email
• Edit DNS records for their domains
• Display website statistics
• Manage databases and backups, etc.
• Install CMS using Softaculous
• Install/Manage SSL Certificates
WHM (WebHost Manager or WebHostManager) provides administrative control over your dedicated server or VPS or Reseller accounts. It allows a hosting provider to manage a customer’s account. Web Host Manager, or WHM, is a powerful program that allows administrative access to the back end of cPanel. Reseller accounts get basic WHM.
• Create individual accounts
• Create custom hosting packages
• Add/Remove domains to the server
• Manage features of hosting packages and accounts
• Reset passwords/contact email addresses for cPanel accounts
• Edit Resource Limits for cPanel accounts
• Modify DNS zone records for each domain/sub-domain
• Set up private nameservers on the server
• Access resold accounts without entering login details
• Perform basic system and control panel maintenance